Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Let's Talk Crop


Last year-ish while shopping I noticed tons of crop tops- also known as belly shirts to us 1980s babies- and like I do with MANY other fads that come back from my childhood I thought to myself, "Self- this will never take off!" Welp- just like the skinny jean it is becoming apart of our every day fashion. As I always do when I am intrigued with a certain item of clothing that makes me curious, I researched a little history about it. Funny enough- or I guess not shocking at all- someone beat me to it- which is nice because it saves me a lot of typing. It is a pretty funny article- so you should read it.

Anyways- I took the liberty of giving you a few ideas of how to wear crop tops. They are not for everyone- true true. But you can get away without exposing yourself by layering a crop top over another shirt or with a dress even. It actually works.

Take a look at some cropper fashions:

THE SOPHISTICROP
THE SEXY CROP

THE ROCKER CROP


THE SECRETARY CROP


THE "I DON'T GIVE A CROP" CROP

THE HEPBURN CROP


THE EARTHY GIRL CROP


THE GOOD GIRL CROP

THE KITTY CROP


So I don't know if I should be thanking Madonna yet- but in the meantime happy cropping!

No comments:

Post a Comment