Here is a great list of Forbes 5 designers and shows to keep your eyes on.
- exclusively on eBay. Now he’s not only a participating retailer during Fashion’s Night Out but he’s leveraging Facebook and the chic hordes to source the next “Crosby Girl.”– September 11 – The clean-lined, femininity of Derek Lam’s clothing has been recognized with multiple industry awards. But another reason to pay attention is that Lam continues to build social media into his design business. Lam dipped a toe into uncharted fashion waters this spring when he debuted his collection and allowed anyone with internet access to vote for their favorite pieces. The resulting crowdsourced collection was available
- re-interpret her signature Morning After Clutch. 6,000 entries later, the result was a winning bag that went into production and is premiering today. For the launch at Fashion’s Night Out, Rebecca Minkoff is hosting The Man Repeller, a blogger with a formidable following, for a hair braiding bar at Saks Fifth Avenue.September 12 – This indie accessories and apparel designer’s star is on the rise, partly because of her dedication to quality production with an edgy vibe, and partly because she’s placed herself at the intersection of such fashion influencers as Polyvore.com and top fashion bloggers. Last fall, Minkoff invited Polyvore users to personally
- first turn in the Lincoln Center tents. And just like that, the company that started with one catalog in the early 1980s catapults over the velvet ropes to earn serious fashion cred.– September 13 – Approximately 420,000 Google results for “girl crush” should be enough to establish J. Crew’s creative director and president Jenna Lyons as the go-to gal of all things preppy chic. Now she’s presiding over the retailer’s very
- over-sharings of president Robert Duffy and the disgruntled intern who took his complaints to the stream). The live streamed shows of Marc by Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs Collection are just frosting on this very fashion-forward cake. Shopaholics can also participate in the FNO frenzy online and enter to win items autographed by Marc and his muse, actress Dakota Fanning.– September 12 and 15 – Fashion editors are already swooning over the plethora of polka dots in Marc’s F/W 11 collection, building up buzz for what’s to come in spring. The designer’s also got a uniquely interactive e-commerce site and a lively presence on Twitter (the latter thanks to gushy,
- Ralph Lauren – September 15 – Courtesy of the digital direction of his son David, Ralph Lauren will be live streaming his runway show on the New York Times‘ iPad app. It’s just another seamless bridge between the designer’s classic chic and the company’s pioneering stance on multimedia presentations.
We will be keeping you posted on these show and breaking down the energy, inspiration, hair, etc. from each of them!