Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Worlds Largest Afro

The Guinness Book of World Records just announced the new worlds largest afro.


Aevin Dugas a 36 year-old social worker from New Orleans, USA, is the proud owner of the largest natural afro in the world with a circumference measuring an incredible 4 ft. 4 in (1.32 m).

The hairstyle that has taken over 12 years to grow can at times be problematic. 

"It's always getting caught in trees, and one time I even slammed my hair in the car door!  And I hate it when people touch it without asking my permission first!" , she admits.

 "As a woman you're told that straight hair is beautiful hair. This is crazy.  The afro is my natural hairstyle and there can't be anything more beautiful than that". 
Aevin trims her afro three times a year, and uses up to five conditioners at once when she washes it. 
"You want to know the best thing about my hair?" Aevin says with a smile: "It provides the perfect pillow. I sleep very well."The hair is larger than a disco ball! Aevin's hairstyle is so large she could fit the world's shortest man inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment