""The most fashionable week of the season
begins! BTC is taking on the Big Apple to cover the best shows during New York Fashion Week. Our first stop—backstage at ORGANIC by John Patrick, where theAvedateam created gorgeous hair and makeup looks inspired by the water.
“The hair look for my show is very soft and flowing with lots of texture to give it a natural messiness,” says the designer. “It’s loose, second-day hair—like it was curled the day before and then left alone.” Aveda Stylist Jenn Chiminiellocreated the stunning style and says,“John Patrick was inspired by water, movement, fluidity and flow. I wanted to take the hair in a similar direction: long, wavy, and natural, with a bit of texture and looseness.” Here’s Jenn’s how-to:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™ for sleek smoothness and to prevent frizz. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a strong part of the left side of the head.
2. Scrunch Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam into damp hair and massage into roots for volume and shine. Blow hair dry with a large ceramic round brush, curling ends under.
3. Pin top section of hair up with a large clip so sides are free for curling. Use a large-barrel curling iron on one-inch sections of hair at a time, working from the bottom up.
4. Remove pin from top section and curl as done on the sides.
5. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion from roots to ends and rake hands through hair to create texture and loose roughness to waves.
6. Finish with a mist of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light hold and pull ends forward to rest on shoulders.""
My Thoughts: This is exactly the hair I want to see on the runways. I love the way the stylist played of the inspiration of the designer and incorporated that look into the hair. I love the beach texture that is created in this look and the how to is soooo easy, it is definitely something we can bring into the salons and share with our clients
If you don't use aveda, that's OK. Every line has some form of comparable product that will more than likely get the job done!